Breslau: Selbstverlag des schlesischen Altertumsvereins, 1911. First edition. Hardcover. Elephant folio (19 1/2 x 16"). , 39, pp (Text), lxxv (75) leaves (Plates), as issued. Later half green morocco over green silk moire covered boards, with gold lettering and ruling to spine. Top edge gilt. Marbled endpapers. Dedication to Cardinal Georg von Kopp (1837-1914), a German Cardinal of the Roman Catholic Church who served as Bishop of Fulda (1881-87) and Prince-Bishop of Breslau (1881-1914). He was known for his anti-Polish views and pursued Germanization of his Polish parishioners.
Splendidly illustrated with 75 full-page plates in photogravure, including 7 chromolithographs, this work presents a precious collection of gold works of Silesian art from the 14th to the 18th century.
Some age-toning along spine and minor soiling to front cover. Minor to haevy foxing to plates. One tipped in plate detached but present. The last 14 plates (62 to 750 are more or less affected by some water-staining). Text in German. Binding in overall good+, interior in fair to very good condition. f to vg. Item #43859