Berlin: Wilhelm Limpert, ND (ca 1941). First edition. Hardcover. Folio (12 x 9"). , 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 6, 12, 8, , pp,  leaves (Album). Original string bound decorative leatherette with Nazi eagle silver-stamped on front cover.
Album given to members of the German armed forces during the early stages of WWII.
The album opens with five full-page photographic reproductions of preminent military figures, such as Walther von Brauchitsch (Field marshal and the Commander-in-chief of the German army in the early years of World War II); Field-marshal and chief of the Oberkommando der Wehrmacht Wilhelm Keitel; Grand Admiral Erich Raeder; General field marshal Paul von Hindeburg; and General Erich Friedrich Wilhelm Ludendorff.
The text includes the following:
- Die Geschichte der Deutschen Wehrmacht (The History of the German Army) (9pp);
- Das Jahr 1938, by H. Martin (The Year 1938) (3pp);
- Die Jahre 1939 und 1940, by H. Judeich (The Years 1939 and 1940) (4pp);
- Deutsche Infanterie, by Walter Burckhardt (The German Infantry) (8pp);
- Die deutsche Artillerie, gestern und heute, by Heinemann (The German Artillery, Yesterday and Today) (8pp);
- Die deutsche Kavallerie, by von Arnim (The German Cavalry) (8pp);
- Die deutsche Kraftfahrtruppe, by Walther Nehring (The German Armored Units (8pp);
- Pioniere einst und jetzt, by Dittmar (Pioneers Once and for All) (8pp);
- Die Nachrichtentruppe, by General Fellgiebel (The Signal Corps (6pp);
- Die Geschichte der deutschen Luftwaffe, by Adler (The History of the German Air Force) (12pp);
- Werden und Weg der deutschen Kriegsmarine, by Meyer-Döhner (What has Become of the German Navy) (8pp)
The tissue-guarded photo album leaves are blank.
Nazi eagle partly faded on front cover. Text in German, gothic script. Binding in overall good+ to very good, interior in very good condition. g+ to vg. Item #42225