Ultrajecti (Utrecht): Guilielmum Broedelet, 1699. Second edition. Hardcover. Folio. , 803, pp. Original blind-tooled vellum with gold lettering on title label laid on spine. Raised bands. Engraved additional title. Title page in red and black lettering. Vignette on title page. Decorative initials, head and tailpieces.
This first volume of Rev. John Lightfoot's works contains a short biography of the author illustrated with a splendid engraved portrait. Some of the other works included in this work are the following:
- A Chronicle of the Times, and the order of the Texts of the Old Testament. The Harmony, Chronicle and Order of the New Testament. Illustrated with a large foldout map of Canaan.
- A Few, and New Observations, upon the Book of Genesis. The Most of them Certain, the rest Probable, all Harmless, Strange, and rarely heard of before. Also an Handful of Gleanings out of the Book of Exodus.
- Erubhin or Miscellanies Christian and Judaical, And Others.
- The Harmony of the Four Evangelists, Among themselves and with the Old Testament. In three parts.
- The Temple Especially As it stood in the days of our Saviour. Illustrated with a large foldout engraving of the Temple print, along with a list of the contents of the Temple.
Each work has its own index. General index for the whole volume at rear. Age wear on binding with spine and edges darkened. Lower edge of covers rippled due to damp exposure. Closed tears at head and tail of spine. Light damp staining along paper margin throughout (not affecting text, nor plates). Pages slightly rippled throughout. Text in Latin with some Hebrew. Binding in overall fair, interior in fair to good condition. fair. Item #34404