NP, n/d. Hardcover. Der Wagenbauer: Leipzig. Waldheim-Eberle A. G. 1920. Maroon leather portfolio with decorative folding flaps, gold lettering on cover. Title- and contents pages & 67 loose leaves with illustrations of auto and coach designs by Johann Feldwabel. Some of the designs: Mylord, Stadtkupee, Landauer, Jagdwagen. Illustrations are b/w reproductions of over 300 drawings, plans and some photographs. J. Feldwabel was a renowned coach-builder from Vienna. His groundbreaking work "Der Wagen- und Automobilkarosseriebauer" caused an international sensation. He also taught auto-design at the Technologischen Gewerbemuseum. One of his most famous students was Erwin Kommenda (1904-2004) who was the chief-designer at Daimler-Benz, and later was put in charge of the Porsche body designing department. "67 Tafelbeilagen mit mehr als 300 Konstruktionszeichnungen, Werkplänen und figürlichen Darstellungen." Includes a table: "Maßtabelle für Achsen-, Rad- und Federstärken der Luxuswagen." Age wear, scuffing and some staining on leather. Head of spine bumped, affecting top left corner of inside leaves slightly. Chipping and tearing on parts of spine. Some foxing to minside of flaps and bottom margin of title-page. Portfolio in overall good, interior in very good condition. Rare, complete portfolio. OCLC lists only 1 library worldwide owning this item.
25 ORIGINAL Patent Registered Certificates (Patent-Urkunden) from Switzerland, Austria, Germany, Czechoslovakia, Great Britain, France, Belgium and Italy (* detailed description below). Most patents with original seal and signatures. Very good condition. g. Item #23079
Patent certificates for Johann Feldwabel:
1) Ten 8 3/4" x 11 3/4" patents from the Republik Österreich (Austria). Dating from 10. December 1923 to 25. September 1928. All with original signatures and stamped seal over decoration string. Five of the later dated patents with reproduction of a drawing in sepia-tone on front of certificate.
2) Four 7 1/2" x 11"patents from the Deutsches Reich (German Reich). Dates from 7. August 1923 to 23. June 1926. All with original seal of the "Reichspatentamt" over decoration string.
3) Two 8 1/4" x 13" patents of the Patentova Listina (Czechoslovakia). Dates: 22. dubna 1925 & 19. brezna 1927. Both with reproduction of a drawing in sepia tone on front, original signature and seal of "Patenti Urad Republiky C. -SL. V Praze" over decoration string.
4) Two 7 3/4" x 11 1/4" patents of the Schweizerische Eidgenossenschaft: Erfindungsschutz (Switzerland). Dated 8. August 1926 and 1. July 1929. Both with original signatures.
5) Two 7 1/2" x 9 1/2" patents of Great Britain, Ireland and the British Dominions. Both with original red seal.
6) Three 9 1/4" x 12 1/2" patents of Republique Francaise (France). Dated 9 Janvier 1924, 20 Juillet 1925, 7 Mai 1927. With original signatures and seals.
7) One 8 1/2" x 13 1/2" patent from Royaume de Belgique (Belgium). Dated juin 1925. With original signature and seal. In French. Includes 12 typewritten pages, each with original stamp by the Ministre de I'Industrie on bottom margin of each page. Fold-out of design with original signature and seal. Pulling, creasing, pulling and some closed tears on front and back of patent.
8) One 9 1/2" x 13 3/4" patent of Ministerio Dell'economia Nazionale, Regno D'Italia (Italy). Dated 1. Settembre 1925. Original signature and stamp. With 4 typewritten pages each with original stamp of the Ministerio. Fold-out of patent signed and stamped. Heavy tearing, creasing and pulling on front and back of certificate. In Italian.
Most patents are stiff wrappers with fold-outs on thinner paper of various designs by Feldwabel. Minor, usual age wear and creasing. All patents in overall very good condition. UNIQUE COLLECTION.