Eric Chaim Kline, Bookseller

Eric Chaim Kline, Bookseller
Item #46555 A History of the Judge Advocate War Crimes Branch of Headquarters, Seventh United States Army. Headquarters of the Seventh United States Army.
A History of the Judge Advocate War Crimes Branch of Headquarters, Seventh United States Army
A History of the Judge Advocate War Crimes Branch of Headquarters, Seventh United States Army

A History of the Judge Advocate War Crimes Branch of Headquarters, Seventh United States Army

NP: Seventh United States Army, 1946. First edition. Hardcover. Oblong quarto (9 x 13 1/8"). [2], 32, [18] leaves. Original quarter grey cloth over decorative paper covered boards, with black lettering to front cover. Text mimeographed.

The primary purpose of this report is to provide a detailed history of the origin, organization and duties of the branches of the War Crimes Branch of the 7th Army's Judge Advocate's office.

By a directive dated February 24, 1945, a War Crimes office was established under the Judge Advocate General, War Department, "to collect evidence concerning cruelties, atrocities, and acts of oppression against members of the armed forces of the United States or other United States nationals, and arrange for the apprehension and prompt trial of persons against whom a 'prima facie' case is made out and for the execution of sentences which may be imposed."

This work is divided into five parts:

- 1) Introduction

- 2) The Administration Sub-Branch

- 3) Operations Sub-Branch

- 4) Intelligence Sub-Branch

- 5) Trials Sub-Branch

Includes 7 annexes at rear, three of them illustrated with diagrams charting the judicial hirarchy of the war crime courts. The last one (Annex J) is a war crimes case status report which lists the names of 42 Germans in custody awaiting their trial for the crimes they committed; includes map of prisons under the control of the 7th Army.

Pages evenly age-toned. Binding and interior in overall good to very good condition. g to vg. Item #46555

Price: $1,500.00

See all items in History