London: Kegan Paul; Trench; Trübner & Co; Bernard Quaritch, 1914-1953. First edition. Hardcover. Folio (12 1/2 x 10"). Vol. I: frontispiece, xi, 41, pp, 32 leaves of plates (1914); Vol. II: xi, 46pp, 35 leaves of plates (1915); Vol. III: xi, 41, pp, 39 leaves of plates (1915); Vol. IV: viii, 61, pp, 26 leaves of plates (1924); Vol. V: xi, 61, pp, 66 leaves of plates (1953); Vol. VI: colored frontispiece, x, 38pp, 35 leaves of plates (1953). Half brown cloth over printed boards, with black lettering to spines and covers.
Scarce complete set of 6 volumes of the Meir series, edited by F. L. Griffith, and part of the Archaeological Survey of Egypt (Memoirs Nos. 22, 23, 24, 25, 28 & 29).
Detail of "The Rock Tombs of Meir" titles:
- Part I: The tomb-chapel of Ukh-hotp's son Senbi.
- Part II: The tomb-chapel of Senbi's son Ukh-hotp (B, No 2).
- Part III: The tomb-chapel of Ukh-hotp son of Ukh-hotp and Mersi (B, No 4).
- Part IV: The tomb-chapel of Pepi'onkh the middle son of Sebkhotpe and Pekhernefert (D, No 2).
- Part V: The tomb-chapels A, No 1 (that of Ni-'ankh-Pepi the Black), A No 2 (that of Pepi'onkh with the "good name" of Heny the Black), A No 4 (that of Hepi the Black), D No 1 (That of Pepi) and E, Nos 1-4 (those of Meniu, Nenki, Pepi'onkh and Tjetu).
- Part VI: The tomb-chapels of Ukhhotpe son of Iam (A, No 3), Senbi son of Ukhhotpe son of Senbi (B, No 3) and Ukhhotpe son of Ukhhotpe and Heny-hery-ib (C, No 1).
This set is splendidly illustrated throughout with 233 plates reproduced in photogravures, as well as b/w and color illustrations.
Ex-library bookplate on inside of each front cover, and pocket on inside of back covers. Ex-library stamp to top and bottom edges. Some rubbing along spines and minor soiling / age-toning to covers of the first four volumes. Lower margin of title page of first volume neatly cut out. Bindings in overall good to very good, interior in very good condition. g to vg. Item #45987