Berlin: Ernst Wasmuth, 1927. First edition. Hardcover. Folio. (1) 96pp., 4 double-page lithographs. Original orange cloth with brown illustration and reverse lettering on cover and spine, in original illustrated dustjacket with tan reverse lettering on cover. Color frontispiece, painting of the power plant by Anton Scheuritzel. Today the Klingenberg power plant, built in 1925–26, is designated as a historic landmark, with its structure, for the most part, preserved in its original form. Only the technical components are replaced.
"It is a widespread mistake to think hat objectivity is an invention of the present time. It became the dominant form of architecture in the civi society at the turn of the 18th and 19th century." Interesting juxtaposition of industrial architects in view of the art movement of the "Neue Sachlichkeit (New Objectivity)" found in various architectural publications of this time. Illustrated with striking b/w photographs of the power plant, reproductions of architectural drawings and four double-page lithographed depicting the power plant. Printed courtesy card for the presentation of this publication laid in. Text in German. Small chips along edges of dj, particularly at tail of spine. Binding bent at lower spine prompting starting at inside front cover. Previous owner's name inked to verso of frontispiece. DJ and binding in overall good-, interior in very good condition. g- to vg. Item #45373