Jersey City: Time Inc., 1936. First edition. Softcover. Large quarto (11 1/2 x 8 1/2"). 32, -568, 33-74pp. Original spiral bound printed wrappers, with black lettering to front cover.
This splendid issue of "The Architectural Forum" showcases the Architectural and Industrial Design of the American Streamline Moderne Machine Age aesthetic, and contains the followings articles and sections:
- Pattern for Parks: includes sections on Long Island, Jones Beach and New York City.
- Children's Hospital in Denver, Colorado, built by Burnham Hoyt.
- Block Department Store, Indianapolis, Indiana: A completed architectural project by Vonnegut, Bohn and Mueller, Pereira and Pereira and Kenneth C. Welch.
- San Felipe Apartments, Houston, Texas, built by Moore and Lloyd.
- Houses: 10 well-illustrated pages with work by Alden B. Dow among others.
- Sculpture: Leo Friedlander: 6 pages with 9 b/w photographic reproductions from the Arlington Memorial Bridge and Rockefeller Center.
- International Section: Palestine, 16 pages with 37 b/w illustrations and photographic reproductions including work by J. Shiffman, Joseph Neufeld, Z. Rechter, D. Karmi, A. Sharon, A. Averbouch and F. Ginsburg, Richard Kauffmann and Erich Mendelsohn among others.
- Building Money: Purdue's Housing Research Project, etc..
- The Month in Building.
- Forum of Events.
- Products and Practice.
The magazine features completed architectural projects by the following architects: Burnham Hoyt, Vonnegut, Bohn and Mueller, Pereira and Pereira, Kenneth C. Welch, Moore & Lloyd, Malcolm C. Mackenzie, Alden B. Dow, Edward R. Wait, E. C. Landberg, Earle W. Bolton, Jr., Robertson Ward, G. E. Tamplin, J. Shiffman, Joseph Neufeld, Z. Rechter, D. Karmi, A. Sharon, A. Averbouch and F. Ginsburg, Joseph Jarost, and Erich Mendelsohn.
Moderate and sporadic foxing along edges of wrappers. Upper corner of front cover creased (not affecting pages throughout). Wrappers in overall good+, interior in very good condition. g+ to vg. Item #45005