New York: Mendel Beylis Pres, 1914. First edition. Softcover. 16mo. Approx. 5x4". 34pp. . Orange printed wrappers with black lettering on the front cover, and small illustration in black. Printed on the occasion of the founding of this historic congregation Chevra Anshei Lubawitz of Borough Park, the publication states the general principles under which it was founded. This is interesting as this was likely the first Chabad Lubavitch congregation in the United States. Text in Yiddish. Wrappers with some minor sunning and a small crease an chip to the upper right corner of the back wrapper. Wrappers in very good, interior in near fine condition overall. Wrappers protected in modern mylar. Extremely scarce. vg to near fine. Item #43778
*Chevra Anshei Lubawitz of Borough Park is the oldest synagogue in Borough Park, New York. The synagogue was originally founded as Chevra Anshei Lubawitz Nusach Ha'ari of Borough Park in 1914, when they took over the synagogue building built by Congregation Beth El of Borough Park in 1906. In 2017, a judge suspended demolition of the property, located at 4024 12th Avenue in Borough Park, by a developer who had purchased it.
Bibliographic reference: Toldot Chabad be-Artzot ha-Brit (New York: Kohut, 1988)
Yiddish title: קאנסטיטושאן דער חברה אנשי ליובאוויטש נוסח הארי אף בארא פארק
Publication: ניו יארק : מענדעל בייליס פרעס.