Meuselwitz: Bergmannswohnstätten Gesellschaft Meuselwitz, ca. 1923. First edition. Softcover. Folio. 32 leaves, incl. two foldouts. Original string-bound illustrated wraps with black lettering on covers. Portfolio with reports on the cooperative residential reform architecture in Saxony-Anhalt.
Report by the management of the company with two pages of text followed by maps and tables. Founded in 1920 as a charitable land and settlement company by the mining companies of the county of Meuselwitz-Rositzer and the municipal entities of Altenburg-Land and the county of of Zeitz. The enclosed table shows the total of constructed dwellings (720) as well as the distribution over the various municipalities (15). Of the 720 dwellings 686 are one-family dwellings conceptualized as duplexes or row houses. Brief remarks on the specifics of the layouts, the purchase of land and the water supply follow. The report is augmented by a map of the region (scale 1:1000), the table of completed dwellings and 28 additional plates, two of the foldouts, with site maps of the various settlements and architectural drawings of the residential buildings. Text in German. Pencil note on front cover upper right. Some sunning along edges of covers as well as light creasing and tears. Wraps in overall good, interior in very good condition. g to vg. Item #42816