München; Berlin: R. Oldenbourg, 1921. First edition. Softcover. Quarto. IV, , 42pp (Text), 40pp (Plates). Original pictorial wrappers. Printer's device on title-page.
Photo-illustrated architectural study on the construction of American skyscrapers, their financing and rentability. This book is profusely illustrated with 15 in-text illustrations and b/w photographic reproductions, as well as 40 full-page b/w photographic reproductions showing the Continental Commercial Bank under construction and after completion (28 photographs) and various newly constructed skyscrapers located in New York City and Chicago (12 photographs).
Among the buildings featured in this work are the following:
- The Bankers Trust Company Building, NY.
- The Woolworth Building, NY.
- The Singer Building, NY.
- The Manhattan Municipal Building, NY.
- The Hotel McAlpin, NY.
- The Pennsylvania Station (view of the entrance hall), NY.
- The University Club of Chicago.
- The Blackstone Hotel, Chicago.
- The Peoples Gas building, Chicago
Wrappers slightly age-toned along edges. Text in German. Wrappers in overall good+, interior in very good condition. g to vg. Item #41037