Berndorf, Austria: Berndorfer Metallwarenfabrik Arthur Krupp A. G., 1930. First edition. Hardcover. Quarto. 95, xvi, 118pp. Original burgundy cloth with gilt-stamped lettering on cover. Illustrated title pages with decorative ruling. Two catalogs, one with cutlery, the other with general table ware, 1930, of the Berndorfer Metallwarenfabrik (Metal Ware Factory) in Austria, each printed in three color wrappers with silver overprinting bound in.
All items presented in these catalogs are heavily silver-plated or made of Alpacca, a copper-nickel-zinc alloy with high corrosion resistance and silver-like appearance. Illustrated with b/w full page photographs of the extensive selection of Berndorf cutlery including special editions and drawings of the selection of various general table ware products in the second catalog. Includes list of factory branches and description and depiction of Berndorf quality and brand stamps as well as directions for the care of these products with Berndorf cotton wool. Text in German, English and French.
Binding with light wear and light chipping along edges and rubbed. Spine with closed tears at joint and some fraying at head and tail. Starting at inside front cover with half of free front endpaper cut off vertically. Cutlery cover slightly rubbed and creased vertically. Back free endpaper creased and starting at back inside cover. Binding in overall good-, wraps and interior in good+ to very good condition. g- to vg. Item #40866
The Berndorfer Metallwarenfabrik was founded in 1843 by Alfred Krupp, the German industrial magnate, and textile distributor Alexander Schoeller. Alfred Krupp remained a silent partner in the company and Arthur's father Hermann Krupp took on the management of the company. After the death of his father in 1879 Arthur took over the company, bought out Alexander Schoeller in 1890 and established the new name "Berndorfer Metallwarenfabrik Arthur Krupp."