Beverly Hills, CA: Industrial Designer A.S.I.D., 1958. First edition. Hardcover. Quarto (11 1/4 x 9 5/8"). Unpaginated. pp. Original quarter cloth over pictorial paper covered boards, with black lettering to spine and front cover. B/w photographic frontispiece portrait of Paul László. Introduction by George Nelson, and a one-page essay on László by Ed Rees.
Promotional work self-published by László himself to market his firm to a high-end clientele. The numerous collection of b/w and color photographic reproductions featured in this book illustrate the following past works and projects:
- Ohrbach's La Mirada (California)
- Baron's (A restaurant in Scottsdale, AZ)
- McCulloch Corporation (Los Angeles, CA)
- Mrs. Sam Genis' residence (Beverly Hills, CA)
- Sunbeam Lighting Company (Los Angeles, CA)
- The Lászlós' bomb shelter (San Fernando Valley, CA)
- Mr. and Mrs. J.K. Ohrbach's Penthouse (New York City, NY)
- Residence of Mr. and Mrs. J.K. Ohrbach (Holmby Hills, CA)
- Brentwood Country Club (Los Angeles, CA)
- Residence of Mr. and Mrs. Charles P. McGaha (Wichita Falls, Texas)
- Residence of Mr. and Mrs. Fausto M. Ricci (Beverly Hills, CA)
- Residence of Mr. and Mrs. Julien M. Saks (Beverly Hills, CA)
- Arizona Country Club (then under construction in Phoenix, AZ)
- Laurel Race Course (Laurel, MD), etc..
Includes numerous floor plans for residential and commercial interiors, and examples of industrial designs (chairs, tables, etc.). A few pages loose, as common and as designed. Indeed, the design of the binding was such that individual pages could also be cleanly removed for individual client's particular needs.
Moderate soiling to covers. Binding in overall good-, interior in good+ to very good condition. g to g+. Item #37904