München: Zentralverlag der NSDAP, Franz Eher Nachf., GmbH, 1942. First edition. Hardcover. Quarto. 70,,pp. Original gold-stamped orange cloth, with Nazi eagle holding a swastika on front cover. Color frontispiece portrait of Hitler after a painting by Horn-Stauffer. Publisher's logo on title page.
The Bavarian capital of Munich held a special place in the Nazi pantheon. It was the "Hauptstadt der Bewegung" - the Capital of the Movement - the birthplace of the Nazi Party. Throughout the Third Reich period, Munich remained the spiritual capital of the Nazi movement, with headquarters buildings, museums to house the forms of artworks approved by Adolf Hitler, and shrines to the attempted Nazi putsch in November 1923. These sites were used as the scenes of lavish annual memorial ceremonies, and swearing-in ceremonies for new SS members.
Illustrated with 20 photographic reproductions, including 4 in full-color, the buildings featured in this work are:
- The “Brown House,” the NSDAP’s headquarters building in Munich.
- The Königsplatz, where in 1935 two “Honor Temples” were erected for the remains of the sixteen Nazis who died in the 1923 Beer Hall Putsch.
- The “Führerbau,” a major party office building. Hitler’s office in the “Führerbau."
- The two “Honor Temple” structures.
- The "Verwaltungsbau der NSDAP“ (The Nazi party’s administration building)
Very minor and sporadic staining on binding. Text in German. Binding in overall good+ to very good, interior in very good condition. g+ to vg. Item #34941